January 9, 2013

Wet N Wild Fergie Photo Op Eyeshadow Palette Review

Hello!!
I got this recently from Walgreens for $4.99
The collection has 4 different palettes with 5 colors each.
I wasn't really interested in the others, but I was to this one as darker colors
attract my attention.

First Impressions:
It contains a different range of textures according to the back side.
I love the shimmer in this palette also. 
When I swatched these I was a little disappointed that they didn't
come out like it looks in the palette. 
Specifically the top right one. They are pretty much mostly black with the different
color shimmer. 
Whenever I'm trying out eyeshadows I really don't apply them without a base
but I did for this palette. I have really oil lids, usually by noon and after 1.5-2 hours 
these shadows had creased on me. This palette also reminds me of the 
Downtown Browns palette by Black Radiance with the shimmer being a little deceiving lol.
The pigmentation is nice and smooth and blends well.


CLICK BELOW TO SEE MORE PICS!



I did quick look with this palette, I used the top right side color on my lids and the shimmery silver shade on the top left underneath my lash line.

I did not use a primer for this look.

Swatches:
OK on to swatches. I swatched using 2 different primers.  1 is NYX HD Eyeshadow base that looks skin-toned but comes out sheer. The formula of that primer is pretty creamy and it makes the eyeshadow POP like crazy, better than the second primer I used. Next one I used was a white colored stick primer from LA Girl  called Pro Primer HD High Definition Eyeshadow Primer. I feel that NYX's was so much better in exception to the silver shade, it looked better over the white base. 

This is with NYX HD Eyeshadow Base. Sadly the cam washes out the shimmer. Was hard to capture!
This is over LA Girl Pro Primer White Base no flash. You can really see the blue shimmer/glitter
pop out on the 3rd shade.











 I added another pic below with flash because it makes the red glitter in the 4th shade pop up!!





LAST BUT NOT LEAST:
PACKAGING
The packaging....I just hate it. I cannot stand it.
It feels pretty flimsy and the little hinge does not pull back all the way so you could break it accidentally by leaning it back to much.

But nonetheless this palette is pretty affordable and the colors are pigmented
and pretty! :)
Would I repurchase??? Probably not as the other colors did not catch my eye. 


















2 comments:

  1. I like these shades and they look good even without a primer ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do!! Most are pretty pigmented, but my eyelids are so darn oily lol.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my post, and feel free to leave comments and feedback!

About

:This policy is valid from 28 April 2012 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations. The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements. The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. This blog does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content will always be identified. If you would like to contact me about reviewing a product or have any questions, feel free to contact me at: Lizeth164343@gmail.com To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org *The background in no way belongs to me, but to TotallySevere.com.